Waterfall is a great way to release stress and get our body ready to focus!
- Relaxes the nervous system
- Changes perspective
- Stretches back side of body: legs, spine and neck
- Stimulates digestion
- Stand in mountain pose.
- Raise your arms up to the sun.
- Bring your arms out and down to your toes. Keep your knees slightly bent, more if your hamstrings are tight.
- Let your head hang. Breathe, maybe making the sound of a waterfall.
- When you're finished, roll your spine back up.
- Tickle your toes or a breathing buddy (stuffed animal).
- Let your arms swing from side to side.
- Count your toes.
- Slap your hands on the ground, splashing in some water.
- Try the pose by water or in the sprinkler.
Pose description courtesy of Susan Cline Lucey of Evolution Prenatal + Family Yoga Center in Burlington and Essex. Visit evolutionprenatalandfamily.com for online and in-person class listings for kids and adults.