- Warrior I
Summer is a time for big fun — and the perfect time for a big, strong warrior pose!
- Promotes focus and concentration
- Improves balance
- Builds confidence
- Strengthens all parts of the body
- Stretches leg muscles
- Brings energy to the body
- Stand in mountain pose.
- Bring one leg back and bend front knee.
- Reach your arms up above your head, with palms facing each other.
- Switch sides.
Bring your hands together above your head for a unicorn horn!
Warrior Fireworks: Roll up a scarf in your hand and line up at one end of the room. Do three warrior walks, and then pop your firework into the sky!
Pretend you are a bird getting ready for takeoff.
Yoga pose description courtesy of Susan Cline Lucey of Evolution Prenatal + Family Center in Burlington and Essex. Find info about classes for kids and adults at evolutionprenatalandfamily.com.