Try this powerful standing pose to build stamina, focus and stability for going back to school. Warrior 2 stretches the hips, strengthens the legs and expands the shoulders so we can breathe more deeply.
It's fun to add in a positive affirmation while in warrior 2, like "I AM STRONG!"
- Bring your legs out wide, facing the long edge of your mat for five-pointed star.
- Point your front toes to the front edge of your mat and bend your knee over your ankle.
- Keep your back leg straight.
- Inhale and raise arms to shoulder height
- Gaze over your front fingertips and breathe.
Try it with a partner with front feet parallel to each other, gazing at each other with a smile!