- Increases flexibility in the ankles and hips
- Strengthens the legs and feet
- Cultivates focus and feelings of being grounded
- Feels great!
- Bring your feet hip-distance apart in mountain pose.
- Bend your knees deeply and lower your hips toward the Earth in a squatting position.
- Bring your hands down in front of you.
- Try balancing on your toes while in frog pose!
Hop from lily pad to lily pad or over a yoga mat or large scarf, pausing in your frog pose squat between each jump.
Read and act out a frog story, for example Croaky Pokey by Ethan Long or Five Green and Speckled Frogs by Priscilla Burris.
Pose description courtesy of Susan Cline Lucey of Evolution Prenatal and Family Yoga Center. Visit evolutionprenatalandfamily.com for information about online yoga classes for kids and adults.