Susan Cline Lucey of Evolution Prenatal and Family Yoga in Burlington and Essex recommends this perspective-changing inversion pose to strengthen shoulders and arms while stretching hamstrings and spine.
- Doble down dog
- Come to hands and knees.
- Plant hands and balls of feet firmly on the ground and lift up your hips.
- Relax your shoulders away from your ears and spread your fingers wide.
Things to Try:
- Wag your tail
Wag your tail by lifting your leg and waving it in the air.
Double Dog with your family and friends:
- Partner 1 comes into down dog.
- Partner 2 stands to the side of Partner 1's down dog and plants hands a foot or so in front of Partner 1's hands.
- Partner 2 gently brings one foot at a time to rest on Partner 1's hips.
For more information about kids', family, and pre- and postnatal yoga classes, visit evolutionprenatalandfamily.com.