- Courtesy image
- Students at Evolution demonstrating the pose
- Tapping your body awakens your senses and increases awareness
- Can relieve stress and anxiety
- Rub your hands together while taking deep, slow breaths. It's beginning to feel like it's going to rain!
- Gently tap the crown of your head. It begins to sprinkle on you!
- Lightly pound your fists on your chest. It's raining harder now!
- Slap the floor or your legs, ending with a clap of thunder. The thunder is roaring, and it's raining even harder!
- Reverse the motions as the shower moves away.
- Now, bring your arms overhead, fluttering your fingers as you inhale. Exhale, lowering your arms back by your sides. The sun is coming back out!
Practice this sun breath a few times to calm your body and mind.
- Use a drum to make the sounds of a rainstorm.
- Imagine plants growing or a rainbow shimmering. How would you show these natural wonders with your body?