- Jarret Krosoczka from "Draw Every Day" on YouTube
Beloved authors and illustrators are doing their part to entertain housebound kids, offering online story times and drawing tutorials. Here's a selection:
- Jarrett J. Krosoczka — author and illustrator of the Lunch Lady series and the graphic novel Hey, Kiddo: How I Lost My Mother, Found My Father, and Dealt With Family Addiction, a National Book Award finalist — is hosting art lessons on YouTube.
- Author/illustrator Oliver Jeffers, who illustrated the popular picture book The Day the Crayons Quit, is reading one of his books "every day until it's safe to go out again" at 2 p.m. on his Instagram stories. Find recorded stories here.
- On the Kennedy Center website, artist in residence Mo Willems — of the Elephant and Piggie series and Don't Let the Pigeon Drive the Bus! fame — invites kids to "grab some paper and pencils, pens or crayons" for a LUNCH DOODLE every weekday at 1 p.m. Episodes can be streamed after they air.
- The Library of Congress and Scholastic are releasing a weekly video featuring Captain Underpants series author Dav Pilkey drawing and reading aloud. Find it on both the Library of Congress and Scholastic's Facebook pages.
- Every Monday at 12:30 p.m., Narwhal and Jelly series author Ben Clanton will share drawing videos on Instagram Live.
- Mac Barnett, author of the Mac B., Kid Spy series and popular picture books including Extra Yarn and Triangle, has started Mac's Book Club Show on Instagram.