Raise your hand if you love Popsicles. Yep, that's what we thought. Easy to make and fun to eat, these frozen treats are a summer staple. This recipe makes colorful, layered pops that are perfect for keeping cool when the weather gets hot. Tip: Whip these up right before bedtime, and they'll be frozen by morning.
- half of a seedless watermelon, cubed
- fine-mesh strainer (optional)
- 1 small bowl
- 1 mango, cubed
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into roughly 1/4-inch slices
- Popsicle molds and sticks (this recipe makes about 8 Popsicles)
- Load the blender with the cubed watermelon and purée until the fruit is smooth.
- If you notice any errant seeds or chunks in the purée, you can run it through a fine-mesh strainer as you transfer the watermelon juice to your bowl.
- Rinse out the blender, then purée the mango until smooth.
- Fill the Popsicle molds about a quarter of the way with the mango purée. Slide a slice of kiwi into each mold, then fill the rest of the way with the watermelon juice. Insert the Popsicle sticks.
- Transfer the Popsicle molds to the freezer for six to eight hours.
- To serve, run the Popsicle molds under warm water for a few seconds. Then pull each Popsicle out to eat.