- COURTESY OF BRISTOL RECREATION DEPARTMENT
Unveiled in the fall of 2014, this play area in the center of Bristol gives young kids lots of options. The eye-pleasing natural wood structure boasts a wheelchair-accessible ramp leading up to a slide and a large wooden platform covered by a roof. AstroTurf blankets the ground. There's a circular set of monkey bars and a smaller structure geared toward the preschool set, with a small slide, tunnel and climbing features. A simpler, separate play area features logs protruding from the sandy ground at different heights, perfect for scampering across. A swing set includes two toddler swings, three regular swings and one handicapped-accessible swing.
- Wheelchair-accessible play structure
- Convenient parking
- Picnic table, benches and gazebo on the green make for easy snacking and nursing.
- Peace Garden created by students at Bristol Elementary School adds to the picturesque surroundings.
- A stone's throw from lots of yummy food options including gourmet ice cream parlor lu•lu (11 Main Street), and "from scratch" Bristol Bakery & Café (16 Main Street)
- No bathrooms on-site
- Older children may find the play structures too small or basic.