Last month's coloring-contest judges were a bunch of lucky ducks. They got to peruse more than 70 wacky, wonderful creations from young artists, including a rapping duck, a mathematician named McQuack and duckling royalty. Some kids created whole narratives around their waterfowl — an anxious duck just trying to make it through kindergarten and a bird who got lost while hunting for Easter eggs. Keep the creativity coming, and congratulations to all the winners!
Tilly Josephine Veysey, 5 Irasburg
"The Dancing Duckling"
Sophia Van Zyl, 7 Addison
"Learning to Fly"
Charlotte Moriarty, 12 Jericho
"When Bunnies Lay Eggs on Easter"
- Maxwell McCalla, 10, Rutland
- Lilliana Jade Avila, 8, Barre
- Sidney Harris, 5, Montpelier
- Maria "Fern" Murphy, 9, Plattsburgh, N.Y.
- Elliott Supley, 7, Peru, N.Y.
- Maria Bush, 4, Hinesburg
- Rebecca Moriarty, 12, Jericho
- Grace Casey, 8, Waterbury
- Kai Alberts, 5, Jericho
- Emelia McCalla, 10, Rutland
- Esabella Amoah, 8, South Burlington
- Gavin Sullivan, 5, Chittenden
- "If Ducks Were Cool Kids," James Ripley, 9, Jeffersonville
- "Polka Duck," Alison Brown, 6, Monkton
- "Anxious to Get Through Kindergarten," Tatiana Riba Byam, 10, Burlington